Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad books."

"Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought."  

I finished The Help about 2 weeks ago, 
and am already aching to read it again.
i dont know why it took me so long to finish it, 
(probably because i was so busy at the end of the school year)
but i seriously loved it. 
such a clever read, with brilliant characters.
ahhh it was lovely.
i actually listened to the majority of it on audio, and it was
AMAZING.
im not usually a fan of audio books, but i think im newly converted!
can't wait to see the movie with kym and her mom next weekend! yippeeee!


"...out of the blue, he kissed me. Right in the middle of the Robert E. Lee Hotel Restaurant, he kissed me so slowly with an open mouth and every single thing in my body-my skin, my collarbone, the hollow backs of my knees, everything inside of me filled up with light."



'That's what I love about reading: one tiny thing will interest you in a book, and that tiny thing will lead you onto another book, and another bit there will lead you onto a third book. It's geometrically progressive--all with no end in sight, and for no other reason than sheer enjoyment.'(12)


 go read this book...NOW!!!!
its amazing.
i borrowed it from one of my team teachers, and i couldnt put it down!
as soon as payday comes again, im running to the store to buy it for myself, so i can read it again and again
and mark up all the FANTASTIC quotes and moments. seriously, it was wonderful and enchanting! 
ahhhh love a good book.

'It was amazing to me then, and still is, that so many people who wander into bookshops don't really know what they're after--they only want to look around and hope to see a book that will strike their fancy. And then, being bright enough not to trust the publisher's blurb, they will ask the book clerk the three questions: (1) What is it about? (2) Have you read it? (3) Was it any good?'(16)

No comments:

Post a Comment