Friday, May 11, 2012

nice day for a... white wedding

It is wedding day for my pal miss Katie Jane, and I am just as happy as a clam for her.
Extremely ecstatic.
Simply celebratory.
Pleased as punch.
Jumping for Joy.
*insert any other cliche/alliteration filled ways to expressed my happiness.
But seriously, her new man David is quite the winner we have all decided. And she is smitten. Simply smitten. It is quite magical really...

I love weddings, all the lovey-dovey-ness in the air, it is simply magical, yet I can't help but feel a tinge of slad-ness. You know, so ridiculously glad and overjoyed for my KJ dearest, yet somewhat sad that she is leaving the Single Ladies club, (no we do not call ourselves the 'Single Ladies club', but hopefully you catch my drift.)

sidenote: 'slad-ness' was a term coined during my senior year, yes, we choir nerds made up our own words....quite often in fact. we were performing the classic 'Smile' for our ballad piece (not a male duck) during a competition and one part goes as such: 
"Light up your face gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness"
Somehow we kept combining the two lines into 'slad-ness', partly due to mistake, and then due irony, and then out of pure teenage humor I guess. It drove Mrs. Schmidt crazy....so obviously we kept doing it. And it has stuck in my vocabulary of awesome words to use, apparently.


Anyways, back to KJ. Yes I have this tinge of slad-ness, but the joy definitely triumphs. As her sister said at the wedding dinner last night, "We are thankful to David for coming into Katie's life, and improving her reading habits... by diminishing them. Katie has found her real-life love story now."

Ah man! How can you not just die hearing that?  and let's not even mention how David talks about her, and how I basically started welling up like a crazy person. Ya, that's right. I am an emotional person, and I love weddings. Deal with it.

So here is to the perfect May 11th wedding for my dearest, darling-est Katie. Cause seriously friends, I love weddings. And Katie. And the month of May.

Ahhh, bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment