Wednesday, May 23, 2012

the day i felt perfection and like death all wrapped up in one

my eyes are droopy.
my nose is stuffy.
my throat is itchy.
and i am battling what is either the worst allergies known to man,
or a terrible and dreaded cold from H-E- double hockey sticks (ya, I just went all 4th grade on you right there)
excuse me while i go chop off my head right now....

all of this may be the case, but yet I can not seem to close my eyes.
because right now, in this moment.
i am happy.
and i am exhausted.
that combination is also known as perfection.

why you ask?
maybe because life is a strange, twisted and a down right fan-freaking-tastic journey.
and i am currently loving it.
i feel like for once i have control of the reigns and i can do whatever i want, and be whatever i want to be.
it is a strange, scary and simply exhilarating feeling.

there is no saying what will happen next week. or next month. or next year.
and the thought of that in the past would have had me in a down right, eye-gauging, panic mode.
but not now.
i'm not worrying any more.
what good does that do? i can't plan out the rest of my life like some fantastic musical, because
A. i'm not talented enough to go all rogers and hammerstein on you
B. i would end up disappointed when it didn't go as i planned
C. people might stare at me during every song and dance number....(actually i KNOW they would stare.)
D. and i have not found anyone to play the dreamy male lead yet

but seriously. my main man Jason said it best "I won't worry my life away...." because he is a genius, and that is the truth. there is no point in worrying whatsoever.

life is meant to be spontaneous, and adventurous and i think the past few weeks/months, and the way the rest of the week is shaping out, is a clear indication that i LOVE spontaneity and adventures.

it is the beauty in being where i am today. the trials i have faced, and have yet to face, well, today i am grateful for those. because these pot holes and bumps in the road, have allowed me to find...me.
and have allowed me to truly find the joy in all of this.

it is a beautiful thing. and is something i have been searching for...i am telling you kids, prayer works.

so here is to more blissful summer nights, full of awkward singles ward FHEs, top secret ice cream club runs, flirting with boys, talking for hours, stories in the parking lot, zumba nights, taco tuesdays, poodle head stare-downs, softball games, battle wounds, and anything else that comes my way.

just pray i don't snap at my students after so many late nights....


and just because a post wouldn't be the same without a video.... 
even if it is old news, went viral a while back, and is so totally yesterday,
i just can't seem to get enough. so here. happy day to you. 




1 comment:

  1. I think this post is as amazing as you truly are. I love the happiness and joy flowing and the pet name made me giggle. Your amazing whit! I knew it the first moment our eyes met, and now....everyone is getting to know that amazing person that has been secretly kept hidden. I love you my girl and so happy that life is wonderful in your world! xoxox♥

    ReplyDelete