Friday, August 7, 2009

all grown up

its been a summer FULL of weddings. literally full of them. but last nights wedding made me realize how much everything changes when you have to grow up.
my dearest of dear cousins Chelsea got married.
my Chelsea is off into the world of married splendor.
it was a beautiful reception. It had rained all that day, and the day prior, but the rain let up about 20 minutes before the reception.
It was gorgeous outside. And she looked gorgeous.

all night i kept reminiscing about our childhood and the glorious times we had. Moments like sitting around the piano and singing Hymns opera style, or being insane little 8 year old kids and making up our own club at Grandpa and ma's that none of the other cousins could be in. Or of our plans to go to BYU-Hawaii and both marrying Tongon brothers. Or the infamous "wake-up" moment. Or the when she busted her knee in the 8th grade, and i got to be her book carrier while she gimped around. Or when our teacher asked us to pick out a number between 1 and 5 and I yelled out "7".

But the best memory I remembered last night, was when Chelsea met her now hubby Steven.... In the 9th grade. Yes the 9th grade. Those love birds have been together since age 14, and I was there for all of it. The 3 of us were quite the bunch. Being choir nerds and loving every minute of it.


I'm so thrilled that they are now together for all of Eternity. Chelsea couldn't have found someone better for her, and Steven is the luckiest guy ever. I hope he knows that.


Oh what a night. What a happy, rainy, tear-jerking, bouquet-catching, beautiful, grown-up night.
love it.

(Yes. I caught the bouquet. Not good with all the aunts around. They will be talking for months.)

-whit sariah

No comments:

Post a Comment