Monday, May 23, 2011

i love life.

"the doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live"

today was one of those reflective kind of days.

as mentioned in my last post, i have been in this weird funk, and honestly i haven't been able to pinpoint where it stemmed from, but the past two days i have been in this odd reflective mood. trying to in a sense awaken myself from this funk without completely ignoring it, but finding a way where i can move past it and learn something about myself. now, this makes me sound really weird, and its not like i have been all gloomy and depressed lately, just off...i dont really know how to explain it.

but everything about today helped. i woke up this morning to the pitter patter of rain, and was filled with joy. i love cracking my window, hearing the drizzle, and smelling the dirt and earth. then i watched this movie while getting ready for church. cute and a little cheesy, just how i like my movies, but with a really great message about our views on life, our personal relationship with God and the influence we can have on others. it made me happy. i seriously loved the movie. church was wonderful as well. nothing necessarily stood out to me today, but just being at church always puts me in a good mood, and rejuvenates me in every sense of the word. then the home teacher came over, and the roommates and i all kind of opened up a little more than usual and a lot of things were brought to light today. after wards, we talked, and laughed, and cried and then went on a drive. it was beautiful and rainy and exactly the escape i needed.

sometimes i think we all lose our focus, and it takes a slap in the face, or a stumble for to figure it out again. there are a lot of things i want to refocus on, and i love that all i needed was a rainy weekend and a tear jerking movie for me to realize it. i love life.






No comments:

Post a Comment