Thursday, October 22, 2009

i heart 2nd grade

i started my 2nd block of practicum this week.
i was super sad to leave my 5th graders last week because they are so dang funny.
but i was excited to start 2nd grade and learn from the differences in these 2 grades.
well the day was excellent. to say the least.
these kids are adorable.
i quickly learned all their names because they made SURE of it.
they were constantly asking me questions and trying to get to know me.
one boy asked if i had a husband.
when i said no he just simply said "its okay, i dont think thats a big deal"
most of them asked me if i like dogs or cats, or blue or pink better.
i was eating up every word :)
then there was one little girl that totally won me over,
and will forever be the coolest 2nd grader ever because of one simple thing...
their teacher asked me to take a few minutes and introduce myself.
so i told them the basics.
where im from. fav color. that i like to sing. blah blah blah
and then i told them that i have a weird obsession with collecting eiffel tower stuff.
this little girl quietly raised her hand and when i called on her she just stood up and said :
"vos cheveux sont jolis aujourd'hui"
standing in awe i recognized the words hair, and pretty
i was in complete shock
all she said was "your hair looks pretty today"
and then she just said "i love france too" and sat down
it made my life.
before i was leaving for the day she came up to me and said
"i like you so far whitney"
i said "oh good, cause i like you too."
happy day. i love 2nd grade..



la vie d'amour et la vie vous aimeront en arrière
-whit sariah

No comments:

Post a Comment